Monday, November 30, 2015

Post-Thanksgiving recovery, Day 1

Breakfast: a meal of bitter herb and salt tears. Just kidding. But really, the night before I had Second Thanksgiving with the sister-in-law and her husband, and went nuts, capping off four days of going nuts. So I was glad to skip a meal. I drank water, and meditated repentantly.

Lunch: two fun-size bags of M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies: 150 calories.

Dinner: Snack upon arrival: crackers, cheese, and pepperoni. The meal itself: Thanksgiving leftover meal of ham, yams, mashed squash, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, and green bean casserole, in a take-out container so I know it totals 1 meal ... plus 1/3 of Jenna's same. Half a cream horn pastry for dessert. Let's say 2,000 calories all told. That's a lot. And not because I was achingly hungry; just because I was inattentive to how quickly the shoveling and munching was going. Sigh.

No comments: