Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Dental courtesies paid

I skipped breakfast, so as not to present the hygienist at my morning dentist appointment with too daunting a challenge. I did have a bottle of lemon-flavored Poland Spring Sparkling Water, zero calories.

For lunch, I had  selection of salad bar and hot bar items from Star Market, coming in to a little less than a pound of food. As such: two ounces of mashed potato, 90 cals; one chicken wing, 100 cal; one half-ounce of pot roast, 100 cals; two ounces of penne with chicken and broccoli, 320 cals; three ounces of marinated mushrooms, 30 cals; one hard-boiled egg, 80 cals; two ounces of grilled chicken, 70 cals; two ounces of baby arugula, 20 cals; less than two tablespoons of bleu cheese dressing, 100 cals; a half-ounce of bacon bits, 10 cals. Total, something like 900 calories.

As an afternoon snack, I chomped down two Sweet Crunchy Rice Snacks by Jay-One (80 cals. total), a can of Arizona zero-calorie Half & Half (Iced Tea/Lemonade), and a snack square of Cabot Seriously Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, 80 cals. (Happy 100th birthday, Cabot. Why do I know cheese things? One likes to learn about the target of one's ardor.)

Dinner was a slice of leftover chicken alfredo pizza; one and a half fried chicken tenders with garlic-parmesan sauce; a bowl of chopped salad; maybe eight french fries; and a slice of cheese pizza, when after finishing the rest of the meal I decided I needed a splurge.

I've been drinking water all evening.

No comments: