Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shamrock gratification

Two bagels with a flavored cream cheese came unexpectedly into my lap at the office. I ate them like a greedy goose going for great gains.

Lunch was a bin of the garlicky kale from earlier this week, with about a breast's worth of chicken fancaise, and some roasted potatoes. I also had two of those fruit-flavored gumdrop-type candies at my desk. They're just there.

After work, I stopped by McDonald's to pick up the goods for Jenna. She needed some instantaneous gratification -- none of this waiting around for me to whip up something at home. So, I had a $1 shamrock shake, and a Filet O'Fish sandwich, and a large order of fries. McDo's seems to be promoting their fish sandwiches -- for the Lenten season? Washed down with a diet cola. And a small bite of her Angus burger. What? I also had two more bagels, with plain cream cheese. Impulsive, embarrassing. Finally, two spoonfuls of Breyer's vanilla ice cream.

No comments: