Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Leftovers for lunch, Longhorn later

After skipping breakfast -- knowing all the while that this is not a good way to start the day off good -- I had lunch at 11 at my desk, a binful of last night's leftovers: a strip of broiled steak, a serving of braised carrots, and two or three cups of that warmed pasta with Parmesan and peas. Water from my tin bottle.

Then Jenna arrived to campus, clamoring (agreeably enough) for companionship during HER lunchbreak. So off to the GSU, where I watched her eat a Subway sammich. When she wasn't watching, I had a bite of it. Also a bag of cheddary Sun Chips, and half of a Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, and some swigs from a bottle of cherry-flavored Coke Zero.

After work, we walked over to Longhorn Steakhouse with Ryne. I had an 8 oz NY strip, with seasonal vegetables swimming in thin butter, and a Caesar salad. When a salad is overdressed, let's start saying that it "wore tux and tails to the backyard barbecue." I know the red meat is fortifying, but I really do not enjoy the facts of its origin. I drank diet Coke, and had two slices of the complimentary wheat bread (full disclosure: it was heavily buttered).

When I picked up Jenna from Panera later, I had a few bites of her citrus chicken. She observed to Ryne that she is weary of having to eat faster and faster, lest the wolves descend. (In this scenario, we, Ryne and I, are the wolves.)

I had a few baby carrots before bed.

No comments: