Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hunger knows no friend but its feeder.

Breakfast on the train: two pieces of toast with peanut butter and banana. I also had another bottle of Hannaford Kiwi Strawberry Sparkling Water. A bite of blueberry muffin left over from the Sunday evening's dinner at Cracker Barrel, and one stale leftover pancake.

A lukewarm Snapple, light green flavor.

I felt nauseated before my optometrist appointment, so I stopped a Starbucks at Copley Place to pick up a sandwich (tarragon chicken salad) and an Izze (clementine).

Lunch was a windfall sourced by J.: a cup of diet Coke, a slice of cheese pizza from Bertucci's, and a room-temperature dipped in salad dressing.

Dinner was leftovers from the office fridge: two chicken wings from the Chinese-American menu; a cup and a half of pork fried rice; a few spoonfuls of vegetable jambalaya; the rind of that slice of blueberry pie from the day before. Not a terrific lot of food, but with all that rice it felt like a big meal. All with a bottle of water, and another of diet Mtn Dew., And a honeybun from the Campus Convenience store across the street, since I was feeling low and wanted a pick-me-up.

But the story doesn't stop there! At nine I went to the House of Blues to see my friend play with East Coast Soul. I thought it was acceptable to have a snack, so I ordered a pan of their rosemary cornbread. It was great when warm -- fragrant and light. We put some Cholula chipotle hot sauce on it.I also ordered a diet cola.

When J. arrived, she hadn't eaten, so I ordered her some items from the cheap game day menu: a cheese panini with fries, a half-dozen oysters for the table, and at her request, an order of buffalo wings. I ended up eating three-quarters of the sandwich muself, and a third of the fries, and half the buffalo wings, and three of the oysters. Three refills of cola.

I am discouraged by the impulsiveness I showed today.

No comments: