Monday, August 16, 2010

A day

Breakfast was waiting on the friendly counter when I managed to rouse myself downstairs. I ate on the drive to Boston: two pieces of toast with peanut butter and banana. A bite of fresh strawberry (no me gusto las fresas). A bottle of a unique and pleasant beverage, Hannaford Kiwi Strawberry Sparkling Water.

At eleven, a coffee break with scientist-friend Martha: a bottle of Ethos water at Starbucks, and a slide of pumpkin bread.

Lunch was leftover Chinese-American food with J. at the office conference room table:  a nibbled chicken wing, some spoonfuls of cold pork fried rice, a good cup of vegetables (me gusto el brĂ³culi). A few bites of a rather confused slice of blueberry pie.

A cup of water at work. A bottle of Coke Zero on the way to my medical appointment at Tufts (me requieren orinar).

Dinner was eaten on the car: a foot-long wheat sandwich from Subway, with buffalo chicken and some gunk on it I couldn't identify. Also a chocolate chip cookie shared with J., and a bag of Sun Chips. Diet cola in a waxed cup. At the Green Day concert, I had a Magner's cider in the parking lot, whose cap I had to wrench off with a key. Brute strength solves many, though not all, problems. Inside the Comcast Center, I bought and ate half of a bag of $5 Cracker Jack.

In retrospect, an underhydrated day. Also a green day. A Cracker Jack day.

No comments: