Monday, June 8, 2009

It was tasty, but upsetting, was the beef.

Garlic naan and artichoke eggplant hummus, and water (and a scant few Smart Puffs). A strawberry-banana smoothie from the Atomic Bean Cafe, courtesy of the gentleman whose mathematics journal I may be consulting on. At a party thrown by one of the smartest guys I know, two Magner's and two plates of: brisket and potato salad, and marinated carrots and mushrooms and tomatoes, and a tasty salad of slender mushrooms, maybe chestnut or cinnamon cap?, and bean dip and corn bread. When I went to buy the Magner's before this BYOB affair, I also bought a diet Coke and a single-serving Rice Krispies treat. After my messy platefuls of vittles, I finished off the affair with a slice of fruit pie with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Yes, fruit pie -- it was store-bought, and therefore of not remarkable quality; the succulent filling could have been peaches or apples or cherries, for all that the taste spoke out.

No comments: