Thursday, June 18, 2009

Solace in noodles

Went to Uno's with my book and a hang-dog look, for a comfort food lunch: bottomless broccoli-and-cheese soup (I had two bowls), and the rattlesnake pasta, penne pasta in a creamy sauce with jalapeno peppers, chicken, and a bread stick. Diet Coke. The pleasant waitress seduced me into ordering an oven-warmed macadamia cookie with a scoop of ice cream. Met some heathens at home that evening to discuss the historicity of Jesus, also known as Christ, also known as The Man Who Wasn't There. Nora had prepared spaghetti, with red sauce and choice of either reheated ground beef and mushrooms (left over from Taco Monday) or sausage and peppers (originally prepared for Nora's birthday party). I had a scoop of both meats. I was offered but declined salad. I drank diet Coke with lime slice. I nibbled at some Tostitos, but did have more than a few. I did have a second slice of chocolate layer cake, after the first proved insufficient to the task of being delicious enough.

No comments: