Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Survival food

I've been skipping breakfasts on weekdays, but this morning I grabbed a pretzel-granola something snackbar out of the cabinet on the way out the door. I was concerned about the possibility that the car would crash on the snowy roads, and didn't want to be stuck out there in the wintry mix without something in my stomach.

A bottle of water on the train.

A mid-morning snack of a slice of wheat bread with grape jelly.

Late lunch at Panera: a small bowl of pesto sacchettini, about seven inches of baguette with one packet of olive oil mayo and one packet of yellow mustard, a small bowl of chicken noodle soup with Tabasco sauce, and a chocolate-walnut cookie. Diet cola, which made me throw up. Because I'm not supposed to drink caffeine, lest it kill me. I should pay attention to these guidelines.

Late dinner, at home: a bowl of pulled pork, mac and cheese, and cole slaw. Water.

No comments: