Saturday, August 10, 2013

Faturday?

I didn't weigh myself this morning; not after yesterday's unrestrained eating. I was probably feeling sheepish.

The first thing I did in the morning was go downstairs to run the now full dishwasher, and assess the groceries situation. Not good; some produce was going to go bad if it wasn't used. So use it I did. I made a container of guacamole with five soft avocados and some tomato from the garden. I made a salad with butter lettuce, goat cheese, diced peaches, and very thinly sliced onion limbs, with a vinaigrette.

I brought Jenna breakfast in bed: a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, with blackberries from the woods, and vanilla almond milk. I finished the milk she left in the bowl, but had water for breakfast otherwise.

I hopped in the truck and did the groceries. I came home, and delivered Jenna her requested treasure: a vanilla-cream-filled doughnut from Dippin' Donuts. I had perhaps a third of this, the "rind" that she leaves when she's eaten the soft underbelly of the pastry. I had a good deal of whole grain Tostitos Scoops chips with the guac. I made a sandwich for us to share for lunch -- turkey pastrami and white American cheese, on a cinnamon raisin bagel, with a little brown deli mustard. I had my half, and a bite of hers. We also split a plum, and each had a large soft peanut butter cookie from Hannaford's. I drank more water.

I snacked during the day on the remaining chicken 'n' waffle Lay's chips. It was unpleasant to eat them.

Dinner was pizza; I had two small slices of cheese, and one slice of pepperoni. I also made stuffed horn peppers, with a filling of minced peppers, onion, tomato, basil, and oregano flowers, mixed and cooked with diced wheat toast, goat cheese, and shredded parmesan. I baked the peppers for twenty minutes in the oven. I had one of these with my pizza. I also had a serving and a half of that salad I'd made in the morning. I drank water.

We went to the movies tonight, and saw We're the Millers. A sweet stupid film, one which scratched the itch. I'd made brownies that afternoon, loaded with chopped pecan pieces and dark chocolate chips and berries, and ate three of them while I sat in my seat watching. Come on, man. Jenna and I shared two small diet sodas, and a hot dog with mustard. She turned me on to this hot dog idea with her impression of it rolling, blank-eyed, back and forth in its countertop cooker. 

No comments: