Thursday, August 8, 2013

Use it up night

This morning the scale reported that I weigh 251.6 pounds. To start the day I had a package of miniature powdered doughnuts, and a can of Coke Zero. At work, I found a half a leftover sandwich someone had left in the fridge -- pastrami on marble rye, with some french fries. I, I am sorry to say, ate it. I washed it down with the usual iced coffee. My lunch was a sandwich on whole grain wheat bread: a baked (alright, microwaved) whole egg, two slices of white American cheese, a sachet of ketchup, some sliced tomato brought from home, from the garden. I also had six or so of those peanut-butter-filled pretzel bites. I had an iced coffee with it.

Dinner at home was an effort to use-up leftovers and garden produce. I made a box of Annie's cheddar bunnies shells, and served this with a spicy ragu of tomatoes and purple and yellow horn peppers fresh-picked from the garden, sauteed with onion and bacon in olive oil and a little sriracha. I mixed my serving of the pasta with a thigh's-worth of chopped BQQ chicken from Sunday's big dinner. I also cooked thinly sliced two small summer squash, also just brought in from the garden, and cooked this with butter and fresh oregano. I drank diet root beer; but also had a few sips from a can of NON-diet root beer, a result of my inattention when buying soda at the convenience store. Foolish me. I also had a glass of water, and a few bites of Jenna's breaded buffalo chicken strips (she did not want leftover BBQ, for she is fancy). I buckled to temptation and had a single-serving ice cream sandwich bar for dessert. 

No comments: