Thursday, August 29, 2013

Keeping up

When you get behind in such things, it can be discouraging -- not only do you need to attend to the new work of the day, but you need to bite the bullet and swallow the frog (and so on with other useful metaphors) and catch up on all the work you didn't do, the work that is already late. It's a debt of work, with interest compounding.

As I try to shake off the pathological need to do things perfectly (natch) or not at all, here's this: instead of NOT doing posts for the days I missed this week, I'll just move on ahead, with the numbers I do have, without going through the bother of trying to remember all the food I took into my system.

When I weighed myself yesterday morning (in the dark dark bathroom -- the sun is no longer up when I am; winter comes...), the scale read 252.4.

This morning, it weight 252.6.

Some data is better than none at all. Pressing on.

PS: Without breaking any mental sweat, I can recall the pop-tart-type breakfast pastry that Jenna and I shared on the way to the train yesterday morning. Just a moment ago, she texted me to tell me what she's just learned: that each (each!) of the two pastries in each packet has 200 calories. Mon dieu. No more breakfast pastries for me, thank you all very much. I'm glad I skipped this morning.

No comments: