Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pancaches, packet tea, Uno's

A groggy breakfast of three pancakes, with blueberries, bananas, oleo, and syrup. I believe I had a can of diet Mountain Dew; have you heard of it? I had a bottle of "fuzzy" water (as J. calls it), the strawberry-kiwi kind, on the train.

Lunch was again chicken and rice with the tangy mayo. Over the course of the workday, I had two cans of Coke Zero, and three (3) pink princess sugar cookies.

I took an hour to lie on the grass at Boston Common and work on poems, during which time I refreshed my musing self with a bottleful of instant zero-cal, sucralose-sweetened, peach-flavored iced tea, made from a sachet that came in a bundle of office supply samples.

At workshop proper, I had a cup of Qdoba's tortilla soup, without cheese and sour cream -- behold my restaint. I also bought, and ate at least half of, an order of vegetarian nachos, for the table: Chips! Cheese! Sour cream! Pinto beans! Mild salsa! Behold my hunger.

In the car with J. on the road to the west, we shared a can of Coke Zero. Our destination was Uno's in Leominster, where we'd play out the rest of the evening while watching the conclusion of Game Seven of the Stanley Cup finals. We split an avocado egg roll app, and an order of scampi-style shrimp with white beans and a bread stick. I imbibed multiple diet colas, and had a third of J.'s order of honey-BBQ [such as it is] boneless chicken bites. On impulse, when the aroma of another table's order wafted over to us, we also got some french fries. Ketchup ensued.

No comments: