Thursday, June 9, 2011

Qdoba for lunch was more than enough

Skipped breakfast, so around one o'clock I made a peanut-butter-and-reduced-sugar-raspberry-jelly sandwich, on wheat bread.

J. eventually arrived at campus, and we went to Qdoba in Kenmore Square for lunch. I had a poblano pesto chicken burrito, and I asked for only a light helping of cheese and sour cream. We also split a chocolate chip cookie, she and I, and, on impulse, a cheese quesadilla. I had a bite of her taco salad, and did not like it much; no tortilla for architectural interest, and an overwhelming salsa. Diet cola with lime.

During the workday, the department director came into the office with a free sample of some new Starbucks concoction -- about two ounces of thick coffee drink over ice, with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel over some whipped cream. It was gone in an instant.

I also drank water during the day. After work, for the train ride home, I got a diet Mountain Dew, and a Nutrageous bar to share with J.

The Qdoba was hearty enough, so I didn't feel any need for dinner. At home, at around eleven, J. whipped up two batches of microwave mini-bags of popcorn, 100 calories each. We shared these in bed, and went to sleep.

No comments: